The Parish Giving Scheme (PGS) is now used by more than half the dioceses of the Church of England to handle the regular bank giving of church members. The scheme offers a highly efficient and friendly service and ensures your chosen Parish not only promptly receives the whole of your donation but also the Gift Aid. This reduces the workload of church treasurers.
A unique feature of the scheme is that it allows you to increase your giving each year in line with inflation. Your chosen Parish is thereby assured of a regular, tax-efficient source of income, which has the capacity to increase with the cost of living and involves virtually no administration.
The Parish Giving Scheme enables you to make Donations on a monthly, quarterly or annual basis by Direct Debit to your chosen Parish. Where applicable the scheme collects Gift Aid on your donations and forwards it to your chosen parish automatically.
Why our Church Councils recommend the Parish Giving Scheme
- It is a tried and tested scheme that is in use in more than half the of the Dioceses of the Church of England
- There are no costs incurred by you or us in using the scheme; 100% of your donations are received by your chosen Parish
- It is very easy to set up – just a phone call
- It is flexible and you can change your donation at any time
- You have the option to increase your donation annually in line with inflation
- It saves work locally by collecting Gift Aid on our behalf
- Gift Aid is returned within a few weeks of each donation being made
- It enables better budget planning in our Parishes